Research & Publications
Dr. Hoge specializes in the development, evaluation, and management of comprehensive systems of care for persons with mental health and substance conditions. His research has focused on severe mental illness and non-hospital alternatives for individuals experiencing acute mental health problems. Most recently his research has centered on workforce development in behavioral health, including recruitment, retention, training, and the performance of individuals providing mental health and addiction services.
Extensive Research Description
- The development of workforce Collaboratives in behavioral health.
- Burnout in the behavioral health workforce.
- Recruitment & retention in the behavioral health workforce.
- The effectiveness of supervision.
- The comparative effectiveness of state workforce development efforts.
Health Services Administration; Health Care Quality, Access, and Evaluation; Psychiatry and Psychology
Public Health Interests
Chronic Diseases; Mental Health