Long is the inaugural Emergency/Trauma Radiology clinical fellow at Yale. He is a graduate of Yale's Diagnostic Radiology residency and Neuroradiology fellowship, where he served as chief resident and chief fellow respectively.
Long is known for his initiatives to improve the educational experience for Yale trainees and his scholarship on topics of diagnostic error and workflow optimization. Long's first book, "Search Pattern: A Systematic Approach to Diagnostic Imaging" remains an internationally best-selling text in radiology. His second book, "A Brief Guide to the Neuroradiology Fellowship" is one of the most widely used by neuroradiology fellows in the US.
Long is currently a third year PhD candidate at the Yale School of Medicine’s Investigative Medicine Program. His research interests include clinical decision support, emergency neuroimaging, and the economics of healthcare. He is passionate about teaching, interdisciplinary collaboration, and is always seeking ways to improve the efficiency of healthcare delivery.
A long-term Connecticut resident, he is a graduate of the UConn School of Medicine and currently resides in New Haven with his dog Salem.
- Tu LH, Malhotra A, Venkatesh AK, Taylor RA, Sheth KN, Forman HP, Yaesoubi R. Head and Neck CTA Utilization: Analysis of Ordering Frequency and Nonroutine Results Communication, With Focus on the Fifty Most Common Emergency Department Clinical Presentations. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2021 Sep 29. doi: 10.2214/AJR.21.26543. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34585611.
- Tu LH, Venkatesh AK, Malhotra A, Taylor RA, Sheth KN, Forman HP, Yaesoubi R. Scenarios to improve CT head utilization in the emergency department delineated by critical results reporting. Emerg Radiol. 2021 Oct 7. doi: 10.1007/s10140-021-01947-w. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34617133.
- Tu LH, Bokhari SAJ. Blind spots on CT imaging of the head: Insights from 5 years of report addenda at a single institution. Clin Imaging. 2021 Aug;76:189-194. doi: 10.1016/j.clinimag.2021.04.026. Epub 2021 Apr 29. PMID: 33957385.
- Tu LH, Malhotra A, Wu X, Durand D, Kalra VB, Abbed KM, Bronen R. Imaging the Postoperative Lumbar Spine: A Review. Neurographics. 2018 Nov 1;8(6):428-46.
- Malhotra A, Tu LH, Kalra V, Wu X, Mian A, Mangla R, Michaelides E, Sanelli P, Gandhi D. Neuroimaging of Meckel's cave in normal and disease conditions. Insights Imaging. 2018 Apr 18. doi: 10.1007/s13244-018-0604-7.