Research & Publications
Linking practice to outcomes, barriers to evidence-based practice, shared decision-making.
- Using evidence to support clinical practiceKennedy, H. P. & Camacho Carr, K. (in press). Using evidence to support clinical practice. In K. Schulling & F. Likis (Eds.), Women's Gynecologic Health.
- The problem with normal birthKennedy, H. P. (in press). The problem with normal birth. Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health.
- "Orchestrating normal": The conduct of midwifery in the United StatesKennedy, H. P. (2009). "Orchestrating normal": The conduct of midwifery in the United States. In R. Davis-Floyd, L. Barclay, & J. Tritten (Eds.), Birth Models that work. Berekeley, CA: University of California Press.
- Tales from the hospitalKennedy, H. P. (2009). Tales from the hospital. In D. Walsh & S. Byrom (Eds.), Birth stories for the soul: Tales from women, families, and childbirth professionals. London: Quay Books.
- Media out of focus on midwiferyKennedy, H. P., Lockwood, C. J. & Funai, E. (2009). Media out of focus on midwifery. New Haven Register.
- Fear and suffering during childbirth among Thai womenChuahorm, U., Sripichyakarn, K., Tungpunkom, P., Klunklin, A. & Kennedy, H. P. (2007). Fear and suffering during childbirth among Thai women. Thai Journal of Nursing Research, 11(1), 49-61.