Research & Publications
Advances in technology have increased the availability of genomic and clinical data.However, capacity to analyze genomic data in a biomedical setting needs meaningful integration of the different data sets from various sources.I have been involved in the design, development, and implementation of university-wide and community-wide genetic variation and clinical database applications. I have been collaborating with physicians and researchers at Yale Center for Asthma and Airway Diseases (YCAAD) and atmospheric scientists to better understand the relationship between asthma and other respiratory diseases and fluctuations in atmospheric and environmental parameters the patient is exposed to. I am interested in integrating diverse data sources to study the impacts of climate change on human health.
Extensive Research Description
- Allele Frequency Database (ALFRED) is designed to make allele frequency data on human population samples readily available for use by the scientific and educational communities. Designed and implemented under the direction of Kenneth Kidd, PhD (Population Genetics)
- Forensic Resource & Reference On Genetics knowledge base (FROG-kb) seeks to make allele frequency data for SNPs and other genetic polymorphisms more useful in a forensic setting. The primary objective of FROG-kb is to provide a web interface that, from a forensic perspective, is useful for teaching and research and can serve as a tool facilitating forensic practice. Designed and implemented under the direction of Kenneth Kidd, PhD (Population Genetics)
- Yale Center for Asthma and Airway Diseases (YCAAD) is a database application designed and implemented under the direction of Geoffrey Chupp, MD; YCAAD is the data repository for ongoing clinical research in airway diseases.
- Electronic Medical Management of Asthma (EMMA) is a web based tool that seeks to provide cutting edge care to patients with asthma.
- PainEASE is an application designed to assist Veterans with learning pain self-management skills
- Strategies to Reduce Injuries and Develop Confidence in Elders (STRIDE) - clinical trial to test individually tailored interventions to prevent fall-related injuries.
Asthma; Genetics, Population; Medical Informatics Applications; Medical Informatics Computing; Database; Climate Change
- Proceedings of the 20th International Congress of BiometeorologyRajeevan, H., et al., Effect of atmospheric conditions on clinical, physiological, and biologic parameters of asthma [abstract]. In: Proceedings of the 20th International Congress of Biometeorology; 2014 September 28–October 01; Cleveland, Ohio: International Society of Biometeorology; Poster Abstract nr 48.
- Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society International Conference:2015Rajeevan, H., et al., Effect of atmospheric conditions on asthma control and gene expression in the airway [abstract]. In: Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society International Conference; 2015 May 15–20; Denver: ATS; 2015. Abstract nr D107.