Research & Publications
- Pharmacokinetics & pharmacodynamics of insulin therapy;
- Artificial Pancreas Project (APP);
- Preservation of beta cells for children with new onset type 1 diabetes;
- Type 1 Diabetes Exchnage and Pediatric Diabetes Consortium (PDC) project: building a database to monitor diabetes management and complications;
- Integrating technology with diabetes care: use of new high-tech devices and methods to improve insulin delivery and function;
- Detecting early cardiovascular disease markers for children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
Extensive Research Description
- Closed loop insulin delivery system
- Clamp studies to demonstrate pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of insulin
- Detecting early cardiovascular disease markers for children with type 1 diabetes including peripheral arterial tonometry
- Pediatric Diabetes Consortium:utilizing a database registry to assess treatment approaches for children and youth with new-onset type 1 diabetes
- Anti -CD3 treatment for preservation of beta cells in children with new onset type 1 diabetes
- Artificial pancreas project
- PKPD of insulin therapy
- Pediatric Diabetes Consortium
- Glucose sensor studies
- Effect of the Human Recombinant Hyaluronidase (rHuPH20) on the Pharmacokinetic & Pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) Properties of Lispro and Aspart Insulin using the Euglycemic Clamp and on Meal-related Glucose Excursions during Open- and Closed-loop Insulin Delivery.
Diabetes Mellitus, Experimental; Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1; Diabetic Angiopathies; Diabetes Complications
- Insulin & Diabetes Mellitus.Insulin & Diabetes Mellitus. Tania S. Burgert, Eda Cengiz, William V. Tamborlane. Neonatal & Pediatric Pharmacology 4th Edition, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2010; Chapter 52, 773-778.
- Recent advances in the treatment of type 1 diabetes in childrenRecent advances in the treatment of type 1 diabetes in children. Karena L Swan, Eda Cengiz, William V Tamborlane Annals of Pediatrics 68:1-4, 2008