Research & Publications
Extensive Research Description
I am interested in the interface between medicine and spirituality, wellness and burnout, as well as medical education and primary care. I have several on-going projects about emotional coping and job stress, as well as the influence of religion on chronic disease.
Burnout, Professional; Urban Health; Spirituality
- Doolittle B, Moriarty J, Asnes A, Siegel M, Huot S. Post-interview communication after the APDIM recommendations,Connecticut Medicine, 2019;83(10):499-502
- Doolittle B, The correlation of neighborhood safety and behaviors upon pediatric obesity in an urban populationAnnals for Pediatric and Child Health 2015;3(2): 1039.
- Doolittle B, Lessons learned from my BMW and Ayn RandThe Christian Century, 2015;132(6):27.
- Burnout, compassion fatigue, and job satisfaction among hospital chaplains: a systematic reviewResearch in the Social Scientific Study of Religion, 2015; 26, 180-197
- Talwalkar J, Scholand S, Doolitle B, Ginger as an adjunctive treatment for cyclic vomiting syndrome, Alternative and Complementary TherapiesAlternative and Complementary Therapies, 2013;19(2):94-97
- Doolittle B, Physician Burnout, Burnout-New Research, (Doolittle, editor),Nova Publishing, Hauppauge, NY, November 2013
- Doolittle, B, Burnout and Coping Among Parish Based ClergyMental Health, Religion, and Culture, 2007 ; 10(1):31-38.