Andre N. Sofair, MD, MPH
Professor of Medicine (General Medicine) and of Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases
Research & Publications
My research interests lie primarily in the area of emerging infectious diseases. I have worked to develop surveillance systems for the detection of emerging pathogens, developed hospital and practice–based cohorts to define infectious disease burden and epidemiology, and performed a number of validation studies to limit biases in estimation of incidence rates. My current work focuses largely on the epidemiology of chronic liver disease with an emphasis on liver disease due to hepatitis C infection.
Specialized Terms: Emerging infectious diseases
Hepatitis C; Internal Medicine; Liver; Communicable Diseases, Emerging; Infectious Disease Medicine
- Comparison of Visual and Spectrophotometric Methods of Broth Microdilution MIC End Point Determination and Evaluation of a Sterol Quantitation Method for In Vitro Susceptibility Testing of Fluconazole and Itraconazole against Trailing and Nontrailing Candida IsolatesArthington-Skaggs BA, Lee-Yang W, Ciblak MA, Frade JP, Brandt ME, Hajjeh RA, Harrison LH, Sofair AN, Warnock A. Comparison of Visual and Spectrophotometric Methods of Broth Microdilution MIC End Point Determination and Evaluation of a Sterol Quantitation Method for In Vitro Susceptibility Testing of Fluconazole and Itraconazole against Trailing and Nontrailing Candida Isolates Antimicrobial Agents And Chemotherapy 2002, 46: 2477-2481. PMID: 12121921, PMCID: PMC127334, DOI: 10.1128/aac.46.8.2477-2481.2002.
- Surveillance for Unexplained Deaths and Critical IllnessesHajjeh RA, Relman D, Cieslak PR, Sofair AN, Passaro D, Flood J, Johnson J, Hacker JK, Shieh WJ, Hendry RM, Nikkari S, Ladd-Wilson S, Hadler J, Rainbow J, Tappero JW, Woods CW, Conn L, Reagan S, Zaki S, Perkins BA, , . Surveillance for Unexplained Deaths and Critical Illnesses Emerging Infectious Diseases 2002, 8: 145-153. PMID: 11897065, PMCID: PMC2732455, DOI: 10.3201/eid0802.010165.
- Hepatitis C. Part 2. ConsultantSofair, AN. Hepatitis C. Part 2. Consultant. 2002 42(4): 465-473.
- Hepatitis C. Part 1.Sofair, AN. Hepatitis C. Part 1. Consultant. 2002 42(2): 157-161.
- Anthrax-what you-and your patients-need to know now.Bia, F. and Sofair, AN. Anthrax-what you-and your patients-need to know now. Consultant. 2001 41(14): 1797-1805.