Research & Publications
My primary interest has been in the interplay between hypertension, kidney disease and vascular disease. Current interests include:
- Profile and outcomes of acute severe hypertension in hospitalized patients (Lama Ghazi MD PhD, Aldo Peixoto MD and Perry Wilson MD).
- Use of systemic hemodynamics to phenotype hypertension as a tool to redefine mechanisms of hypertension (cross sectional study, PI Marcelo Orias MD PhD).
- Study of arterial mechanics in elderly patients with hypertension (cohort study, PI Sebastiao Ferreira MD PhD).
- Clinical trials (Site PI: Aldo Peixoto for all): 1) finerenone in diabetic kidney disease (FIDELIO and FIGARO); 2) droxidopa in neurogenic orthostatic hypotension (RESTORE); 3) MOBIUSHD baroreflex amplification device for resistant hypertension (CALM-2).
- Renalase in kidney disease and hypertension (PIs: John Chang MD and Gary Desir MD)
(Updated October 2020)
Diabetic Nephropathies; Hemodynamics; Hypertension; Hypotension, Orthostatic; Reproducibility of Results; Vascular Stiffness; Hemodynamic Monitoring