Human Epilepsy Project 3: Newly Diagnosed Idiopathic Generalized Epilepsy
Diseases of the Nervous System | Mental Health & Behavioral Research
What is the purpose of this trial?
WHAT IS THE HEP3 STUDY?
The HEP3 Study is a research project to better understand what happens over time in people with focal seizures that don’t respond to current treatment.
What do I need to do if I join the study?
- Keep track of your seizures and medications using the Seer App seizure or paper diary
- Answer questions about your medical history and your seizures
- Visit the study team up to 3 times up to a period of two years for health exams and blood tests.
- Complete surveys about your quality of life, mood, mental functioning, general health, and healthcare visits or tests.
- Participants receive compensation for each study visit.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
If you answer yes to the two questions below, you may be eligible to participate!
- Have you been recently diagnosed with idiopathic generalized epilepsy, and have 1 (absence, myoclonus, or generalized tonic clonic convulsion) seizure in the 6 months prior to treatment?
- Have you instituted AED treatment (for seizures no more than 12 months ago?
Contact the Yale HEP Team
- Ages13 years and older
- Trial withNYU Grossman School of Medicine
- Start Date12/11/2020
- End Date12/31/2021
- Last Updated11/15/2022
- Study HIC#2000027419