Learn More About Stress
Common Stress Signs/Symptoms
- Difficulty concentrating or remembering
- Negative emotions and hostility
- Difficulty sleeping
- Aches and pains
- Lowered immunity
- Risk of infection and illness
- Increased alcohol/substance use
- Episodes of racing heart, high blood pressure
- Stomach and gastrointestinal problems
- Increased desire for comfort foods
How Stress Manifests
In individuals, stress is associated with reduced creativity and innovation, increased interpersonal conflict and absenteeism, and decreased problem solving and initiative. Stress may promote increased frustration, edginess and irritability, poor judgment and impaired memory.
In teams, negative stress can reduce efficiency and motivation as well as take focus away from the project, thereby decreasing productivity.
In organizations, stress is associated with employee dissatisfaction, decreased performance and productivity, breakdown of communication and client or member complaints.
Our focus is on early detection of stress-related vulnerabilities in individuals, teams and organizations. Individualized programming targets prevention, early intervention and enhanced coping under pressure.