Research & Publications
Dr Bhagwagar trained in medicine and psychiatry at Delhi University India and subsequently retrained in psychiatry at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom where he obtained membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. He has been at Yale University since 2005 and has a specific interest in the clinical application of state of the art neuroimaging paradigms to understand the neurobiology of recurrent depression. Paradigms used include positron emission tomography, magnetic resonance spectroscopy and fMRI.
Since 2009 Dr Bhagwagar has been working in the pharmaceutical industry first at Bristol-Myers Squibb and is currently at Rallybio, a rare disease biotech startup in New Haven.
Education & Training
- DPhilUniversity of Oxford (2004)
- MDMaulana Azad Medical College (1994)
- MBBSMaulana Azad Medical College (1989)
- Medical Research Council Clinical Training FellowMedical School, University Of Oxford
- Clinical Research FellowInstitute of Psychiatry, King's College London
- ResidentUniversity of Oxford
- ResidentUniversity of Delhi
- Depression, UKUnited Kingdom 2010A Study of GABA And 5-HT Interactions to Test a Molecular Model of Vulnerability