Research & Publications
My areas of focus are teaching, the end organ impact of depression, and the metabolic impact of atypical neuroleptics. I graduated from Stanford School of Medicine and trained in psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital. Publications involve depression and heart disease,adjustment to spinal cord injury, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, and the metabolic effects of atypical neuroleptics.
Education & Training
- FellowHarvard University Medical School (1973)
- ResidentMassachusetts General Hospital (1972)
- MDStanford University (1968)
- FellowMassachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- Depression in Post Myocardial Infarction PatientsThailand 2002Dr. Stewart and Yale medical student, Anna Yusim who was the recipient of a Downs Fellowship, have completed a preliminary study, "The severity and prevalence of depression in post myocardial infarction patients," done during the 2002 summer in Bangkok, Thailand. The work was done at the Mahidol University Hospital with Drs. Tana Nilchaikovit and Manote Lotrakul.
|Connecticut Psychiatric Society||Administrative leadership||1999 - 2000|