Research & Publications
I (pronouns: she/her) received most of my foundational training in medicine and psychiatry in Pondicherry and Chandigarh in India. and completed a second residency and a psychopharmacology fellowship at SUNY Downstate and Yale. My interest in deprescribing comes from a critical clinical need for such an intervention in psychiatry, my experience of having worked in settings with limited access to medications and my strong inclination toward rational and parsimonious use of medications. I teach clinical interviewing and psychopharmacology to medical students and psychiatry residents. I also work as outpatient attending psychiatrist at the Connecticut Mental Health Center.
Education & Training
- MDPostgraduate Inst. of Medical Ed. and Research (2007)
- MBBSJIPMER, Pondicherry, India (2003)
- FellowYale University School of Medicine
- ResidentYale University School of Medicine
- ResidentSUNY Downstate Medical Center