PRCH Celebrates 10 Years!
The Program for Recovery and Community Health (PRCH) celebrates its 10th anniversary year! We celebrated with a series of events:
September 23, 2010
5-7pm — The Seventh Billion Person Project, The Parachute Factory Gallery, 319 Peck Street
Opening reception for the latest exhibit at the Parachute Factory Gallery, a collaboration of PRCH, the Community Services Network, and the Arts Council of Greater New Haven. Featured Live Butterflize Dreamlab doing musical improv, with Shola Cole, Nathan Bontrager, and Marco Castillo, watch a video here.
September 24, 2010
9am-12pm — Grand Rounds at Connecticut Mental Health Center, 34 Park Street
- Introduction — John Krystal, M.D., Professor & Chair, Yale Department of Psychiatry
- The Future of Community Mental Health, Federal Perspective — Thomas Kirk, Ph.D.
- The Future of Community Mental Health, State Perspective — Pat Rehmer, M.S.N., Commissioner, Connecticut Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- The Future of Community Mental Health, Capabilities Perspective — Larry Davidson, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatry & Director, PRCH
- Citizenship as a Foundation for Community Mental Health — Michael Rowe, Ph.D., Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry & Co-Director, PRCH
- Culture as Context for Community Mental Health — Miriam Delphin, Ph.D., Assistant Professor & Director of Disparities & Cultural Competence, PRCH
1:30-5pm — Workshops, PRCH, 319 Peck Street
- Person-Centered Care & Recovery Planning — Janis Tondora, Psy.D., Assistant Professor & Director of System Transformation, PRCH; and Rebecca Miller, Ph.D., Associate Research Scientist & Director of Community Partnerships & the Arts, PRCH
- The Meaning of Citizenship for Persons in Recovery — Maria O’Connell, Ph.D., Assistant Professor & Director of Research and Evaluation, PRCH; Ashley Clayton, Research Assistant, PRCH; and Carl Bordeaux, Member of Citizens Co-Research Team
- The Role of Peer-Delivered Services in Recovery — Chyrell Bellamy, M.S.W., Ph.D., Assistant Professor & Director of Peer Services & Research, PRCH; Patty Benedict, Director, Citizen’s Project, PRCH; and Kimberly Guy, Co-Director, PROJECT ACT, FOR-U, Consultant, PRCH
- Early Mortality, Health Inequities, and Capabilities — Priscilla Ridgway, M.S.W., Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, PRCH (email Dr. Ridgway for her presentation)
5:30pm — Reception, PRCH, 319 Peck Street
The Reception included a live performance of A Day in the Life by the North Central Regional Mental Health Board Consumer-Research Group.
September 25, 2010
1-5pm Open Studios
Open Studios, a New Haven annual arts event, takes place at Erector Square, the historic factory complex in which PRCH and the Parachute Factory are located. Artists open the doors of their studios to the public, Parachute Factory showed the Seventh Billion Person Project exhibit as well as works by Katro Storm and Curtis Colfield. PRCH had snacks and arts & crafts for kids of all ages.