Consultation & Training Services
Consultation and training services to investigators locally and nationally
Study design and analysis
Treatment manual development and refinement
- Carroll, K. M., & Nuro, K. F. (2002). One size cannot fit all: A stage model for psychotherapy manual development. Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice, 9, 396-406
- Carroll, K.M. & Rounsaville, B.J. (2008). Efficacy and effectiveness in developing treatment manuals. In A.M. Nezu & C.M. Nezu, Evidence-based outcome research: A practical guide to conducting randomized controlled trials for psychosocial interventions (pp. 219-244). New York: Oxford University Press, Inc.
Therapist training in empirically supported treatments
- Martino, S., Canning-Ball, M., Carroll, K.M. & Rounsaville, B.J. (2011). A criterion-based stepwise approach for training counselors in motivational interviewing. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 40(4), 357-365.
- Martino, S., Ball, S.A., Nich, C., Canning-Ball, M., Rounsaville, B.J., & Carroll, K.M. (2011). Teaching community program clinicians motivational interviewing using expert and train-the-trainer strategies. Addiction, 106(2), 428-441.
Use of Yale Adherence and Competence System (YACS) for therapist fidelity rating
National resource for psychotherapy research
- 50 funded projects outside Yale
- 18 multisite behavioral and/or pharmacotherapy efficacy trials
- Training packages to foster more widespread use of efficacious treatments
- Yale Adherence and Competence System (YACS)
- Consultation to Stage III studies examining the effectiveness of different strategies to train community program clinicians in:
- cognitive behavioral therapy
- contingency management
- twelve step facilitation
- motivational interviewing
- compliance enhancement therapy