The Yale Psychological Medicine Service sent several representatives to Austin, Texas, on November 9-12 to attend and participate in the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine’s (APM) 2016 annual meeting.
Mario Caro, MD, a Fellow in Psychosomatic Medicine at Yale New Haven Hospital, accepted his Webb Fellowship at the meeting. The fellowship is a prestigious and selective award, based on achievement in the field of Psychosomatic Medicine. Webb Fellows receive recognition at the meeting, support for travel to the meeting, and extensive mentorship in research.
Those who made presentations at the meeting included:
- Paula Zimbrean, MD, FAPM, FAPA: Transplant Psychiatry (Concurrent Skills Courses); Psycho-nephrology: Treating, Educating and Supporting Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease; Careers in Psychosomatic Medicine.
- Mark A. Oldham, MD: Perioperative Transcranial Doppler as a Predictgor for Post-cardiotomy Delirium: Results from the Neuropsychiatric Outcomes After Heart Surgery (NOAHS) Study. Co-authors were Keith A. Hawkins, PsyD; Ling Han, MD, PhD; Leslie Scoutt, MD; David Yuh, MD, FACS, FACC; Hochang B. Lee, MD, FAPM.
- Kimberly Yonkers, MD; Ariadna Forray, MD; Substance Abuse in Women: From Preconception to Postpartum Care.
- Paul H. Desan, MD, PhD, FAPM: Innovative Approaches to ACGME Fellowship Learning Requirements
- Hochang B. Lee, MD, FAPM; William H. Sledge, MD, DFAPA, FACP: Proactive Consultation-Liaison Psychiatric Service - How to Propose, Start and Sustain the "Behavioral Intervention Team" Model.
Yale faculty who assumed leadership roles at the meeting were:
- Paul Desan, MD, PhD, FAPM: Chair, Education Committee; Councilor, APM Executive Council.
- Paula Zimbrean, MD, FAPM: Chair, Residents Education Subcommittee; Incoming Co-Chair, Transplant Psychiatry SIG; Incoming Chair, Evidence Based Medicine Subcommittee.
- Hochang B. Lee, MD, FAPM: Chair, Fellowships and Awards Subcommittee.