Mental health Outreach for MotherS (MOMS) Partnership®
Depression is hard. But it doesn't have to last forever. We help women who have struggled because every mother matters.
The MOMS Partnership® is a program that has successfully reduced depressive symptoms among over-burdened, under-resourced pregnant women, moms, and other adult female caregivers in a family. Launched in New Haven, the MOMS Partnership brings mental health within reach of women, literally meeting them where they are.
With implementation costs that can total as little as $2,000 for each woman served, we are proud to partner with women to generate real results in their lives. Among the results of past evaluations:
- 78% of MOMS participants complete the program compared to average of 30% nationally of a similar population who adhere to their mental health treatment.
- 76% of MOMS participants experience a decrease in depressive symptoms from beginning to end of the MOMS program. Of those experiencing a decrease, the average participant experienced a 48% drop in depressive symptoms.
- MOMS participants have a 67% decrease in parenting stress from beginning to end of the MOMS program.
- Children of MOMS participants attend 6 more days of school per year compared to children of non-participants.
- The percentage of women working at least 15 hours a week dramatically increases after participating in the MOMS Partnership - from 15% at time of enrollment to 39% at six months after graduating from MOMS.
It is a privilege to partner with the women we serve.