- Ward, N.L., Haddock, A. The “New” Epidemic: Trauma Among Urban Adolescents Living in Poverty. In Black Mental Health: Patients, Providers, and Systems, eds. E.H. Griffith, B.E. Jones, and A.J. Stewart, American Psychiatric Association Publishing, Arlington, VA. (in press).
- Ward, N. L., Woods, L. N., Simon, P., Greif Green, J., & Strambler, M. J. Using Fidelity Measures to Support the Training of Graduate Students Working in School Settings. The Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision (in press), 2018. Retrieved from http://repository.wcsu.edu/jcps/vol4/iss2/1
- Gordon, D.M., Moore, K.E., Vincent, W., Iwamoto, D.K., Campbell, C., Hunter, B.A., Ward, N.L., Hawes, S.W., Albritton, T., McCaulley, H., DiTunno, D., and Judkins, A. Intimate partner violence among low-income fathers: Testing a stress-coping model. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1-26, 2017. DOI: 10.1177/0886260517736878.
- Strambler, M.J., Ward, N.L. and Linke, L.H. The Contribution of Community Psychology to the Field of Education. In APA Handbook of Community Psychology, eds. M.A. Bond, C.B. Keys, and I. Serrano-Garcia, APA Books, Washington, D.C. 2017.
- Dierker, L., Ward, N., Alexander, J., Donate, E. Engaging underrepresented high school students in data driven storytelling: An examination of learning experiences and outcomes for a cohort of rising seniors enrolled in GEAR UP. Journal of Education & Training Studies, 5(4). 54-63, 2017. doi: doi.org/10.11114/jets.v5i4.2187
- Kaufman, J. S., Connell, C. M., Crusto, C. A., Gordon, D. M., Sartor, C. E., Simon, P., Strambler, M. J., Sullivan, T. P., Ward, N. L., Weiss, N. H. and Tebes, J. K., Reflections on a Community Psychology Setting and the Future of the Field. Am J Community Psychology, 58: 348–353, 2016. doi:10.1002/ajcp.12108
- Ward, N.L., Strambler, M.J., Linke, L.H., Increasing educational attainment among urban minority youth: A model of university, school and community partnerships. Journal of Negro Education, 82(3), 312-325, 2013
- Strambler, M.J., Linke, L.H., Ward, N.L., Academic identification as a mediator of the relationship between parental socialization and academic achievement. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 38(1), 99-106, 2013.
Commentary: Understanding adolescent health-risk behaviors from a prevention science perspective.
Ward NL, Linke LH. Commentary: Understanding adolescent health-risk behaviors from a prevention science perspective. The Journal Of The American Academy Of Psychiatry And The Law 2011, 39:53-6.
Creating a safe space to learn: The significant role of graduate students in fostering educational engagement and aspirations among urban youth.
Ward NL, Woods LN, Crusto CA, Strambler MJ, Linke LH. Creating a safe space to learn: The significant role of graduate students in fostering educational engagement and aspirations among urban youth. Community Psychologist / Division Of Community Psychology Of The American Psychological Association 2011, 44:33-36.
Mentoring urban Black Middle-School Male Students: Implications for Academic Achievement.
Gordon DM, Iwamoto D, Ward N, Potts R, Boyd E. Mentoring urban Black Middle-School Male Students: Implications for Academic Achievement. The Journal Of Negro Education 2009, 78:277-289.
- Ward, N. L. Improving equity and access for low-income and minority youth into institutions of higher education. Urban Education Review, 41(1), 50-70, 2006.
- Kaufman, J.S. & Ward, N.L. From Swampscott to beyond: 40 years of community psychology. The Community Psychologist, 38(4), 25-36, 2005.
- Ward, N. L., Crusto, C.A., Gordon, D.M. The promise of systemic school reform to address educational disparities among low-income and minority youth. The Community Psychologist, 35 (2), 23-24, 2002.
- Pruett, M., Davidson, L., McMahon, T., Ward, N.L., Griffith, E. Comprehensive services for at-risk urban youth: Applying lessons from the community mental health movement, Children’s Services: Social Policy, Research, and Practice, 3(2), 63-83, 2000.
- McMahon, T. J., Ward, N. L., Pruett, M.K., Davidson, L., & Griffith, E. E. Building full-service schools: Lessons learned in the development of interagency collaboratives. Journal of Education and Psychological Consultation, 11(1), 65-92, 2000.