Symposium, Elective, and Affiliated Courses
- GMH Elective
- Affiliated Courses
Global Mental Health Elective
Sample titles from the Global Mental Health Program seminar series. See the Department's Calendar of Events for current offerings.
- "Research methods in Global Mental Health (& Social Network Analysis as a Case Study)"
- "The HAPPINESS Pilot Project: Integrating mental health into primary care in Nigeria"
- "Putting the Pieces Together: Leadership in Global Settings"
- "A Public Psychiatry Approach to Immigrant Mental Health"
- "Mental Healthcare in Haiti After the Earthquake"
- "Pathology or Normal Human Experience? Assessing Depression in the Indigenous Populations of Latin America"
- "Mental Health and Psychosocial Support for Children Affected by Political Violence"
- "Upholding the Rights of the Youngest Citizens of the World: Survival, Development, Protection and Participation"
- "The Origin and Globalization of Cocaine"
- "Community Re-entry Challenges of HIV Positive Prisoners in Argentina"
- "Defining Mental Health and Psychosocial in the WHO - IASC Guidelines"
- "Iraqi Refugees: Pre- and Post-Resettlement Mental Health Issues"
- "The epidemics of substance abuse and HIV in Asia: Can Research Influence Health Care Policy?"
- "Psychopharmacology and the Political Economy of Global Psychiatry"
- "The Genetics of Substance Abuse in the Northern Thai Hill Tribes"
- "The Politics of Mental Illness During the Military Dictatorship in Argentina, 1976-1983"
- "Hikikomori (Social Withdrawal) and the Creation of a Japanese 'Culture-Bound Syndrome'"
- "Psychiatry in India: What are the Challenges in Resource Poor Settings?"