Yale Health Psychology Virtual Forum: The Role of Psychology in Medical Illness and Conditions
Please join the Department of Psychiatry Section of Psychology and the Department of Internal Medicine Section of Cardiovascular Medicine for a webinar to discuss the growth and contributions of health psychology as we face global health challenges, an ever expanding rise of health care costs, and strain on our communities. We will meet with leaders in psychology, medicine, administrators, and discuss patient cases to illustrate the needs and relevance of health psychology in medical illness and conditions.
Featured speakers include John H. Krystal, MD, Rajita Sinha, PhD, Lisa Fucito, PhD, Alexandra Fuss, PhD, Declan Barry, PhD, Carlos Mena-Hurtado, MD, and Kim Smolderen, PhD.
- 11:30 AM12:00 PMJohn Krystal, MD - Rajita Sinha, PhD - Lisa Fucito, PhD - Kim Germaine Emiel Smolderen, PhD, MSc - Declan Barry, PhD
Welcome and Plenary Address "Psychological Factors that Impact Illness Course"
- 12:00 PM12:15 PMJennifer Kilkus, PhD, ABPP
Case 1: Oncology
- 12:15 PM12:30 PMCarlos Mena-Hurtado, MD - Kim Germaine Emiel Smolderen, PhD, MSc
Case 2: Cardiovascular Disease
- 12:30 PM12:45 PMJohn Sellinger, PhD
Case 3: VA
- 12:45 PM1:00 PMAlexandra Fuss, PhD
Case 4: Digestive Health
- 1:00 PM1:30 PMJohn Krystal, MD - Rajita Sinha, PhD - John Sellinger, PhD
Moderated Panel Discussion and Closing Remarks