Bridgeport MOMS Partnership℠
- Goals and Needs Assessment
- Hub Location(s)
- Guide Team
Bridgeport Goals and Needs Assessment
The Bridgeport MOMS Goals & Needs Assessment is a survey that the MOMS Partnership co-created so that mothers in Bridgeport could share what they want, what they need, and what goals they have for themselves and their families.
In collaboration with Action for Bridgeport Community Development, Inc. (ABCD), All Our Kin, Bridgeport Prospers, East End Feeding Program, and Nancy Kingwood Ministries, the Bridgeport MOMS Goals and Needs Assessment was distributed locally in the Spring of 2019 to local mothers via community partners. Elevate analyzed the data of 135 eligible responses.
Of the eligible mothers who completed the Bridgeport MOMS Goals & Needs Assessment:
- Many self-reported low levels of social support, with 53% reporting a low level of social support.
- Many were screened as at risk for clinical depression, with 38.1% of respondents receiving a score on the Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression Scale (CES-D), a depressive symptom screener, of 16 or greater. CES-D score of 16 or greater indicates that an individual is at risk for clinical depression.
- 57.1% of those with children in diapers reported diaper need, the inability to provide sufficient supply of diapers to change their child as often as they would like.
- (1) Non-Hispanic Black or African-American and (2) Hispanic White, Black, or African American were the most commonly reported races and ethnicities. Respondents reported an average age of 37.8 years and caring for an average of 1.9 children.
Click here to read the entire report.