Seven Yale faculty have been appointed to transition committees for Gov.-elect Ned Lamont’s new administration.
- Criminal Justice Committee: Fiona Doherty, JD, Clinical Professor of Law at Yale Law School; Director of the Criminal Justice Clinic at Yale.
- Criminal Justice Committee: James Forman, JD, Professor of Law at Yale Law School.
- Education Policy Committee: Nadia Ward, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Yale School of Medicine; Director of Urban Education and Prevention Research and Senior Evaluation Consultant with YaleEVAL at the Consultation Center at Yale
- Energy Policy Committee: Matthew Kotchen, MS, Professor of Economics at Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies.
- Health Care Committee: Harlan Krumholz, MD, Harold H. Hines, Jr. Professor of Medicine (Cardiology) and Professor in the Institute for Social and Policy Studies, of Investigative Medicine and of Public Health (Health Policy); Director, Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation, Yale New Haven Hospital.
- Human Services Committee: David Fiellin, MD, Professor of Medicine (General Medicine), of Emergency Medicine, and of Public Health; Director of the Yale Program in Addiction Medicine
- Human Services Committee: Derrick Gordon, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry; Director of Research, Policy and the Program on Male Development at the Consultation Center at Yale.
The seven faculty are among a bipartisan group of leaders from around the state appointed to transition teams by Lamont and Lt. Gov.-elect Susan Bysiewicz. All committees have begun to develop proposed policy platforms for the new administration and are making plans for implementation.
The committees are charged with drafting a memo of policy recommendations by Dec. 12. The administration is particularly interested in policies that will create jobs and spur economic growth.
Leaders of each transition team will deliver reports of their work between Dec. 17 and 19 and will brief the governor-elect Jan. 3 or 4.
The committees met for the first time Nov. 27 at Eastern Connecticut State University in Willimantic.
Featured in this article
- Fiona DohertyClinical Professor of Law
- James Forman JrJ. Skelly Wright Professor of Law
- Matthew KotchenProfessor at the School of the Environment, of Management, and of Economics