Dr. Novella is dedicated to excellence in education of both professionals and patients. He is the editor of Science-Based Medicine - a website dedicated to exploring issues of science in medicine.
His practice includes general neurology with a special interest in neuromuscular disease. His research interests include ALS, myasthenia gravis, neuropathy, and erythromelalgia.
Education & Training
- MDGeorgetown University (1991)
- ResidentYale-New Haven Hospital
- FellowYale School of Medicine
- Board CertificationAB of Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology (1998, recertified: 2010)
- Board CertificationAB of Psychiatry & Neurology, Neuromuscular Medicine (2011)