Research & Publications
Dr. Bercik is a full-time Assistant Professor at the Yale School of Medicine in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences. He is a member of the Section Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery in the Ob/Gyn department.
Dr. Bercik obtained his medical degree from the UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School, and then completed his Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at New York University-Bellevue medical Center in New York City. Dr. Bercik remained at NYU-Bellevue as a faculty member instructing residents and fellows in advanced gynecologic surgery, incontinence evaluation and management, and pelvic reconstructive procedures. He was the Director of Gynecology and Chief of Service of OB/GYN at Bellevue Hospital Center in New York City, and Co-Director of the Urogynecology/Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery service at Bellevue prior to joining the Yale faculty. Dr. Bercik has extensive experience with vaginal, laparoscopic, and abdominal reconstructive procedures for conditions including urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and vaginal fistulae.
Dr. Bercik has participated in NIH-sponsored research protocols and published several articles relating to the management of these conditions. He continues to direct clinical research in new modalities for the treatment of pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence. Dr. Bercik is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Board-Certified buy the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Education & Training
- MDUniversity of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (1983)
- ResidencyNew York Medical Center
- Board CertificationAB of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Obstetrics & Gynecology (1989, recertified: 2017)
- Board CertificationAB of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (2013, recertified: 2018)
- Surgery -patient careBucharest, Romania 2010
- SurgeryAdelaide, Australia; Brisbane, Australia; Melbourne, Australia; Perth, Australia; Sydney, Australia 2010In June, 2010 Dr. Bercik travelled to Australia to demonstrate new techniques for vaginal repair surgery. During this visit, Dr. Bercik not only performed surgery in Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, and Perth, but also presented several lectures on these topics.
Honors & Recognition
|APGO Excellence in Teaching Award||Association of Professors in Gynecology and Obstetrics||2016|
|Excellence in Surgical Teaching Award||Bridgeport Hospital||2015|
|Nathan Kase Faculty Award||Yale Obstetrics and Gynecolgy||2007|
|CREOG National Faculty Award||Yale School of Medicine||2006|
|Phi Beta Kappa||Georgetown University||1979|