Research & Publications
Clinical Interests: urology, treatment of benign prostatic disease (BPH), prostate cancer diagnosis, bladder cancer, stone disease, voiding problems
Born and raised in Utica, New York. Graduated from Hamilton College in 1970 with a BA, graduated from Albany Medical School in 1974. Married Karen Gaudio, MD who trained at Yale as a Pediatric Nephrologist and was on the medical school faculty for many years.
I completed a residency in General Surgery at Hospital of St. Raphael from 1974-79 and then a Urology residency at Yale from 1979-82. I have been in clinical practice from 1982 and was section chief in urology at St. Raphael's for many years. I have a very active office practice with interests in endourology, prostate and bladder cancer diagnosis, treatment of renal stone disease, benign prostatic hypertrophy.
Education & Training
- MDAlbany Medical College (1974)
- BAHamilton College (1970)
- ResidencyYale-New Haven Hospital
- ResidencyHospital of St. Raphael
- InternshipHospital of St. Raphael
- Board CertificationAB of Urology, Urology (1984)
- prostate cancer screening clinicsNew Haven, United States 1990Volunteer every few months to examine men for prostate cancer
|Hospital of St Raphael||Section Chief, Urology, hospital of St Raphael, New Haven, CT On Surgical Executive Committee||1998 - 2006|