I am a Nephrology Nurse Practitioner. My background was as a hemodialysis nurse, then I obtained a MSN degree from the University of Pennsylvania. After that, I started and ran a large peritoneal dialysis program, which led to various publications and speaking engagements. My education continued when I obtained a Post-Master's Certificate as an Adult Nurse Practitioner from Yale School of Nursing. Since 2007, I have been a member of the Yale Nephrology team, providing care both in our outpatient dialysis units, and in our chronic kidney disease clinics. More recently, I earned the Certified Hypertension Clinician designation from the American Society of Hypertension and am a part of the Hypertension Program with Yale Medicine.
Education & Training
- MSNYale School of Nursing, Post Master's Adult Nurse Practitioner (2007)
- MSNUniversity of Pennsylvania, Nursing (1988)
- BSNWestern Ct State University, Nursing (1978)
- Board CertificationAmerican Nurses Credentialing Center, Adult Nurse Practitioner (2007, recertified: 2012)
- International Society of Nephrology Sister Renal Center ProgramCórdoba, Argentina (2010-2011)Partnership between established and emerging renal centers; worked with nurses in the hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis units on standards of care and best practices.