Research & Publications
I was the principal clinical investigator of the Harvard UO1 Phase I program in 1995, uniting the clinical efforts at the DFCI, BWH, MGH and BIDMC. In 1998, I became the Clinical Director of the Experimental Therapeutics Program for the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center. As Clinical Director, I assumed overall responsibility for the trials performed at the DF/HCC. In 2004 I assumed the responsibilities as the Clinical Director of the DFCI General Cancer Research Center at the Dana-Farber/ Brigham and Women’s Hospital. These clinical and basic research activities have involved collaboration with clinical and basic scientists at Harvard and elsewhere, the Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program of the National Cancer Institute, presentations at national and international meetings, and correspondence with a number of leaders in the field of cancer drug development.
At AstraZeneca PLC, I was the Medical Science Director for AstraZeneca’s Boston site, responsible for the medical and clinical aspects of development of agents from chemical lead identification through clinical proof of concept in phase II. I was responsible for the design and interpretation of the entire clinical development plan for five agents. This position had global responsibilities with clinical trials in the US, Canada, European Union, Japan and Korea. I was a member of the Strategic Planning & Business Development as an ad hoc member and was the global Disease Area Clinical Expert for Hematology.
At Yale I am Clinical Director of the Early Drug Development Program, performing Phase I clinical trials of new cancer medicines.
Education & Training
- FellowDana-Farber Cancer Institute (1985)
- FellowshipBeth Israel Hospital (1985)
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Hematology (Internal Medicine) (1984)
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology (1983)
- FellowshipGeorgetown University Hospital (1982)
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine (1981)
- ResidencyGeorgetown University Hospital (1981)
- MDGeorgetown University School of Medicine (1978)
Honors & Recognition
|Who’s Who Madison|