Following his training and military service, Dr. Abrahams joined the faculty of the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, where he has directed the Uveitis Section since that time. Dr. Abrahams has been engaged in both clinical and laboratory studies of uveitis, has worked in many overseas countries, is Consultant to the Government of the Bahamas, is Honorary Professor of Ophthalmology at Hunan Medical University (Peoples Republic of China), and is author of 30 scientific articles. He has recently received an honorary Doctor of Science from Kenyon College for his distinguished service to medical research and science.
Education & Training
- MDNew York University (1957)
- Postdoctoral FellowYale School of Public Health, PBH 74, Epidemiology
- FellowWilmer Institute - Alan C. Woods MD, Uveitis
- ResidentWilmer Institute Johns Hopkins Hospital, Ophthalmology
- ResidentJohns Hopkins Hospital, Internal Medicine