• Infection and Bone Destruction Study
- Understanding of bone inflammation and bio-implant related inflammation.
- The study of a combination of antibiotics and various small molecular for treatment of bone inflammation by infection.
- The study of identification of new biomarkers for diagnosis of bone inflammation via infection.
• Innate Immune Systems & Inflammasome Study
- Understanding of Toll-like receptor (TLRs) signaling pathway and inflammasome formation through its triggering via pathogen-associated molecular pattern molecules (PAMPs) and damage-associated molecular patterns (DAMPs) in immune models.
- The discovery of TLR pathway and inflammasome modulators which might hold promises for a therapeutic use in order to prevent or control the onset/progression of TLRs-related immune diseases.
- Understanding of inflammasome formation via PAMPs and DAMPs
• Toxicology Study
- Understanding of cell death mechanisms including necrosis, apoptosis and necroptosis through various stimulates including chemotherapy drug, chemical and ligand for control of cell death and survival in normal and cancer models.
• Systems Biology & Application of Nanotechnology Studies
- Understanding of the cellular response upon the activation or the blocking of TLRs signaling pathway.
- Understanding of cell death using microarray analysis and various databases. The use of microarray analysis for the selection of important biomarker in cancer and immune disease models and the classification of the selected candidates.
- Understanding of cellular response such as alteration of morphology, nuclear envelope and cell adhesion using various nanotechnology such as atomic force microscopy, ion conductance microscopy and electrochemical biosensor.