Research & Publications
Dr. Johnson has certifications from the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery and in Surgical Critical Care. He also has certifications for Advanced Trauma Life Support Provider, Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor, and Advanced Trauma Operative Management.
Dr. Johnson earned his undergraduate degree from Morehouse College in Atlanta and his medical degree from Yale School of Medicine. He completed his residency training in general surgery from the University of Texas Medical Branch, Department of General Surgery in Galveston; and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of General Surgery in Nashville. He was fellowship-trained in surgical critical care and acute care surgery at Yale School of Medicine, Department of Surgery.
Dr. Johnson has presented at numerous national and regional peer conferences, including the annual meeting for the Connecticut Chapter of the American College of Surgeons, Department of Emergency Medicine Grand Rounds, Bristol Hospital, Bristol, CT; and Department of Surgery Grand Rounds, University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston, TX. He has published on topics in trauma, critical care, and general surgery.
Education & Training
- MDYale School of Medicine (2000)
- FellowYale University School of Medicine
- ResidentUniversity of Texas Medical Branch
- ResidentVanderbilt University
- InternRush University Medical Center
- Board CertificationAB of Surgery, Surgery, General (2009)
- Board CertificationAB of Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Surgery (2009)
- Haiti Medical Relief MissionPort-au-Prince, Haiti 2009Provided medical care to Earthquake survivors and victims