Dr. David Della-Giustina is a Professor of Emergency Medicine and the Education Section Chief in the Department of Emergency Medicine. He is the Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director as well as the Program Director of the Wilderness Medicine Fellowship. He is a retired Colonel from the US Army with over 29 years of service to include combat tours in Afghanistan (2) and Iraq (2) with US Special Operations Command. His areas of expertise involve residency and medical student education, wilderness medicine, tactical and combat casualty care, leadership, point of care ultrasound and emergency orthopedics.
Education & Training
- FellowshipMadigan Army Medical Center (2010)
- Board CertificationAB of Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine (1996, recertified: 2017)
- ResidencyMadigan Army Medical Center (1995)
- Transitional InternshipMadigan Army Medical Center (1992)
- MDUniformed Services University (1991)
- BSUnited States Military Academy (1987)