Daeyeol Lee is the Bloomberg Distinguished Professor of Neuroscience and Psychological and Brain Sciences in the Solomon H. Snyder Department of Neuroscience at Johns Hopkins University.
Daeyeol Lee is Professor Adjunct of Neuroscience at Yale University.
Dr. Lee received his bachelor’s degree in Economics from Seoul National University in Korea and his PhD in Neuroscience from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He then received a postdoctoral training in neurophysiology at the University of Minnesota. His current research focuses on the brain mechanisms of decision making, in particular the role of the prefrontal cortex and basal ganglia in reinforcement learning and economic choices. His laboratory also investigates how timing and numerical information is represented and transformed in the brain. His research employs diverse methods developed in economics, psychology, and neuroscience. He is also an expert in statistical modeling of behavioral and neurophysiological data. He has published over 90 original research articles. He was the recipient of the Fellowship for Prominent Collegians from Korea Foundation for Advanced Studies, University Fellowship from the University of Illinois, and the James S. McDonnell Foundation Cognitive Neuroscience Grant. His research has been funded by the National Institute of Health continuously since 1999.
Education & Training
- PhDUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1995)
- BASeoul National University, Economics (1989)
- Postdoctoral AssociateDepartment of Physiology University of Minnesota, USA
- Cognitive NeuroscienceJerusalem, Israel 2010Batsheva Seminar on Reward and Decision Making in the Brain
- cognitive neuroscienceJapan 2009Co-organzer for Symposium on "Perspective of Decision Neuroscience: Beyond the Biological Approach of Brain Science", 36th International Congress of Physiological Science
- Decision makingUnited Kingdom 2008Lecture
- decision makingPortugal 2007Lecture
- Cognitive NeuroscienceOkinawa, Japan 2007Lecture
- Neural Basis of Decision MakingSouth Korea 2006Collaborative research
|Yale University||Biological Sciences Area Committee and Tenure Appointment Committee||2016 - Present|
|Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program||Admission committee||2012 - Present|
|Journal of Neuroscience||Reviewer||2012 - Present|
|Journal of Neuroscience||Associate Editor||2009 - 2012|
|Yale University||Executive committee, Cognitive Science Program||2008 - Present|
|NIH Cognitive Neuroscience Study Section||Member||2007 - 2011|