Research & Publications
Dr. Anthony Musto specializes in comprehensive ophthalmology.
He has been named “Top Doctor” in the annual Castle Connolly survey nearly every year since 1999. He served as Chief of Ophthalmology at Bridgeport Hospital for more than 25 years, where he previously served as Chief of Staff and President of the Medical Staff. In 2004, Bridgeport Hospital honored him with a “University Chair” lifetime achievement award for his service. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology as well as the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Musto previously held academic appointments at Cornell University and Yale University. Dr. Musto completed his Doctor of Medicine and Bachelor of Science degrees at Georgetown University. He completed his residency in Ophthalmology at Manhattan Eye Ear & Throat Hospital in New York. He is one of the most respected ophthalmologists in the region. Dr. Musto is a founding member of Eye Surgery Associates and has been active in Fairfield County ophthalmology for more than 47 years.
Education & Training
- ResidentManhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital (1973)
- ResidentUSPHS Hospital (1971)
- ResidentUSPHS Hospsital (1970)
- InternUSPHS Hospital (1969)
- MDGeorgetown University, School of Medicine (1968)
- BSGeorgetown University, Pre-Med/Chemistry (1964)
- Surgical Missions to Jamaica BWIMay Pen, Jamaica (1999-2006)Annual volunteer trips with Dr Arnold Pearlstone to Clarendon Parish, Jamaica BWI to perform surgery -- mainly cataracts -- through the Lions Club of Clarendon Eye Care program. We screened many patients, and performed surgery as needed on as many as possible (generally 10-12 daily) with limited facilities and staff. We were forced to stop due to the increasingly violent crime rate in the area.
Honors & Recognition
|Physician Recognition Award (Lifetime Achievement Award)||Bridgeport Hospital Board of Trustees||2004|
|Connecticut Burns Care Foundation, Inc.||Board member; currently Vice President||1995 - Present|
|Bridgeport Hospital||Member of Surgical Services Committee and Surgical Department Executive Committee. Member [and sometime Chair] of Bylaws Committee and Medical Staff Executive Committee||1975 - 2018|