Research & Publications
Multi-cultural experience: 6 year's life/work in Bolivia, Peru, Spain with multi-national groups influenced by Paolo Freire's conscientisacao and Ivan Illich Deschooling Society.
Early training in holistic modalities: one of ten people named Master Rubenfeld Synergist by body/mind pioneer Ilana Rubenfeld. Mindfulness Training with Thich Nhat Hanh and Jon Kabat-Zinn. EMDR-Level II Certified since 1994, with specialty in Performance Enhancement. Adjunct Faculty in Grad Programs at Albertus Magnus and Southern CT State University. Supervisor at CMHC Hispanic Clinic since 1999.
Passion? Help individuals and groups find increased sanity and health in these challenging days. Author:Oasis in the Overwhelm: 60-second Strategies for Balance in a Busy World.
Preferred modalities? Retreats, Workshops, In-Service Trainings, Coaching for Professionals & Consumers
Education & Training
- MSWUniversity of Connecticut (1984)
- MATManhattanville College (1966)
- BSSpalding University, Education (1961)
- Learn English through SongGuadalajara, Mexico; Mexico City, Mexico; Monterrey, Mexico; Puebla, Mexico 1995Six-city tour in Mexico. Work with TESOL instructors from various institutions, pre-school through post-doc. Demonstrated, co-participated in on-hands teaching and learning
- Professionals communicating with other ProfessionalsLeon, Nicaragua 1987Organized and co-led group of attorneys, social workers, U Conn MSW faculty + CT attorneys and social workers to meet with peer professionals in Nicaragua.
- New Haven / Leon Sister CitiesLeon, Nicaragua; Managua, Nicaragua 1985Co-leader of youth group delegation: students from New Haven visited and stayed with student families shared history and experiences visited schools, clinics
- Community DevelopmentCaja de Agua, barriada of Lima, Peru (1967-1969)Part of International Team working with recent immigrants from Andes mountain culture to over-populated urban center
Honors & Recognition
|Coach of the Year||International Coach Federation||2010|
|Haymarket Fund Award for MOSAIC: New Haven Sings of Peace & War||Haymarket People's Fund||2002|
|2nd-place winner in nationwide contest for "Innovative & Effective Methods for Teaching English"||English-Speaking Union||1996|