Research & Publications
Dr. Friedman's clinical interests are primarily in the diagnosis and management of the fetus and neonate with congenital heart disease. He is particularly interested in physiologic changes that occur from the fetus to the neonate and the use of non-invasive imaging techniques to assess these. He has a busy clinical practice at the Yale New Haven Children's Hospital.
Dr. Friedman serves Director for Medical Affairs for Yale New Haven Hospital and has served as the President of the Yale New Haven Hospital Medical Staff from 2012-14. He serves as a member of the American Board of Pediatrics and is a member of the ACGME's Pediatric Residency Review Committee. He has served on the Editorial Board of Prep SA for the American Academy of Pediatrics and on the Board of Rotary International. Dr. Friedman has been a staff cardiologist in the Yale Pediatric Cardiology since completing his fellowship training at Yale in 1994.
Education & Training
- MDWayne State University (1987)
- FellowYale University, New Haven, CT
- Chief ResidentChildren's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL,
- ResidentChildren's Memorial Hospital- Northwestern University, Chicago IL
- InternChildren's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL,
- Board CertificationAB of Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology (1996, recertified: 2011)
Honors & Recognition
|Paul Harris Fellowship||Rotary International Foundation||1998|
|Howard A. Pearson Pediatric Faculty Teaching Award||1997|
|Outstanding Fellow Teaching Award||1992|