The Adolescent Medicine section specializes in the subspecialty referrals and the care of young adults ages 12-21. Our faculty pediatricians see referred patients for consultation and evaluation at the Long Wharf (New Haven) and Norwalk clinic sites. Faculty also precept/supervise adolescents in the Primary Care Center at Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital.
Our clinical staff of physicians and advanced nurse practitioners provides both primary and referral/consultation care at a number of clinical sites in New Haven to adolescents and young adults, ages 11 to 22 years old.
Primary Care Clinic
We provide primary care services at the Yale-New Haven Hospital's Primary Care Center's Adolescent Clinic, and three school based clinics. We provide care in the areas of:
- Routine care of chronic illnesses, such as asthma, ADHD, evaluation and management of mental health disorders, such as depression, anxiety and family issues.
- Problems of normal health and development
- Reproductive health, including menstruation, contraception and pregnancy
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Acute illnesses and injuries
Our school based clinics include:
- Hamden High School, under the direction of Heidi Levine-Wildstein, APRN
- Hillhouse High School, under the direction of Sarah Vaughan, APRN
- Hill Regional Career High School, under the direction of Alison Moriarty-Daley, APRN