- Connection Issues
At Work/On site:
• Safari/Firefox not responding
Try connecting to an outside browser page. Can you get to google.com? Can you get to Yale.edu?
• No mail response, mail not updating
Try connecting to OWA: open a browser and connect to your 365 account
• Can't log onto server, can't print
- Check cables
- Check TCP/IP settings
• Clinical programs: Log-in and password problems, fax server, printing
- CoPath Password change or reset: use Multipass on the intranet
- Call Clinical support team: Brian Daley: 203.737.5339, or Jessica Dugan: 203.785.5187
- Email email@example.com
Remote Connections Issues:
Internet home Issues: Yale's Internet problem guide.
Check that you have a wifi connection. Can you get to any web pages on your computer? Do not check from your phone, as that may be a cellular connection, not a wifi connection. If you cannot get to a web page (google.com), You may need to restart your modem and then make sure your wifi connection on the computer is turned on. If you are still not getting a wifi signal at home, please check with your Service Provider. Check if there is a service issue in your area (use your cellular data).
- VPN: Make sure you have signed into AnyConnect for Yale VPN (access.yale.edu) instructions on connecting to VPV
Duo Multifactor authentication: Make sure you and your staff are set up with Duo
All off campus access requires Duo. Review your devices or enroll a new device
- Internet home Issues: Yale's Internet problem guide.
- Device Issues
Keyboard, mouse, dictation microphone, foot pedal not working:
- Unplug, and plug back in again
- Check connection, clean, or swap cables
- Mouse: clean bottom and try a different mouse pad
ITS does not provide mouse pads or special cables.
- Mac Specific
• Drag and drop stops:
- Force quit the Finder.
• Recently changed password netID, computer does not recognize password. Filevault passwords not in sync:
- Use old netID password to get in and call ITS.
- Printing Issues
Before calling the HelpDesk try these steps first:
- Turn printer off, Restart computer, turn printer back on
- Delete printer and setup again
- Try printing to a different printer
- Check that the paper drawer is closed properly
- Try deleting and re-adding the printer in preferences
- Is paper cleared from rollers?
- Is a jam cleared?
- Is the toner low?
Printer margins are off
- Is the correct printer selected in the print dialog?
- Is the page set up correct?
- If you need custom margins, try adding a custom page size of 8.5 x 11 instead of using “letter”.
Printer Service Request
If your printer needs servicing: send e-mail request to pathITS@yale.edu with a description of the problem. Approval by a PI or supervisor must be received along with charging instructions and Unit ID of the printer before a service call can be made.
If the bar code is not centered, too light or too dark, or the set-up is wrong, call the HelpDesk.
Printer can't print PDF files
Step 1: In Print dialogue box, go to Acrobat specifics
Step 2: Turn off print method "PostScript"
Step 3: Check "Print as Picture"
Step 4: Print
MS Word: printing envelopes
Go to: Labels and Envelopes > Options > Direction > Change Print Direction.
Printing in B&W in MS applications
Go to: Print > in dialog box, pull down menu (Copies and Pages) > go to Printer Features > Color Mode > Black and White.