Information and Technology Services (ITS)
Pathology ITS Help Desk Resources
• PathITS email : pathITS@yale.edu | Call for emergencies, do not email.
• CoPath email : firstname.lastname@example.org | Call for emergencies, do not email.
Latest News and Updates
YNHH VPN CHANGE: The name has been changed to: telecommute.ynhh.org/ysm
User name: yale\netID
Remember for Yale VPN user name is just netID (remove "yale\")
For the latest Yale ITS information see the Yale ITS page. Links to many resources and the latest campus-wide ITS information. Note that some of the Yale campus resources are different for pathology users.
Yale guidelines for Remote Work: Clinical Faculty and Staff Working in the Covered Entity. Note: Not all information is relevant to how pathology users access resources.
Sign up for Yale email subscriptions for more specific information listed by interests.
Tips for Remote Working:
- Forgot a file on your desktop? Use CrashPlan to recover those files.
- Need to share an image on your microscope to someone? Use Zoom Share Screen. This feature can be used for all sorts of collaborative purposes.
- Need a better way to retrieve messages? Sign up for Voicemail to email
For more tips, visit our Pathology IT Tips page.
Information and Updates for Remote Working:
- The University uses Zoom. Please set up your Zoom account profile.
- Pathology Zoom instructions
- Yale Zoom instructions
Skype for Business with YNHH:
- To attend YNHH SFB, see instructions on the intranet page. If you want to host a YNHH SFB meeting you will need a YNHH email account.
Remote Connections Issues:
Internet home Issues: Yale's Internet problem guide.
Check that you have a wifi connection. Can you get to any web pages on your computer? Do not check from your phone, as that may be a cellular connection, not a wifi connection. If you cannot get to a web page (google.com), you may need to restart your modem and then make sure your wifi connection on the computer is turned on. If you are still not getting a wifi signal at home, please check with your Service Provider. Check if there is a service issue in your area (use your cellular data).
- VPN: Make sure you have signed into AnyConnect for Yale VPN (access.yale.edu) Instructions on connecting to VPN
Duo Multifactor authentication: All off campus access requires Duo.
Make sure you and your staff are set up with Duo: Review your devices or enroll a new device.
- Macs: make sure you run Managed Software Center to keep your software up-to-date. Department Macs: Use this first. You do not need to be an administrator to install.
- PCs: run patches.
- Yale ITS software
- Prism GraphPad - This can be downloaded for a free 30-day trial of Prism. This version has the full capabilities of Prism, so you can open and work on your saved Prism files.
- Share and access files via yale.box.com. In Pathology you will be directed to Secure Box. You can only share files from Secure Box with other people at Yale. The Box Drive application allows you to see your whole Box folder on your hard drive, but stores files virtually until you call for them. Do not run both Box Sync and Box Drive on the same device.
Microsoft OneDrive is now approved for HIPAA. Yale provides 1TB free storage. You can now save Office 365 files directly to OneDrive. It is available through the Pathology Managed Software Center or your 356 account.
IronKeys do not work on Mac OS 10.15 Catalina; they will offer replacements TBA.