Internal Medicine’s Office of Global Health Hosts the COVID-19 Update via Virtual Panel: "Caring While Keeping Safe"
COVID-19 UPDATE: "CARING WHILE KEEPING SAFE" VIRTUAL PANEL
THURSDAY, MARCH 26, 2020
12 - 1 PM
- Sponsored by the Department of Internal Medicine’s Office of Global Health (OGH), this virtual teleconference will provide an update to our community on current local strategies to prevent and control COVID-19, and to identify and treat patients with the infection. The teleconference is intended for healthcare workers at the YSM, YSPH, YSN, and YNHH, as well as other interested individuals in the Yale community.
- Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/948133204
- Asghar Rastegar, Professor of Medicine; Director, Office of Global Health [Moderator]
- Saad B. Omer, Director, Yale Institute for Global Health; Associate Dean (Global Health Research), Yale School of Medicine; Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases), Yale School of Medicine; Susan Dwight Bliss Professor of Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases, Yale School of Public Health; Adjunct Professor, Yale School of Nursing
- Topic: Local trends in the epidemic and mitigation initiatives at the YSM/YSPH (5 minutes)
- Marie-Louise Landry, Professor of Laboratory Medicine and of Medicine (Infectious Diseases); Director, Clinical Virology Laboratory; Director, Medical Studies; Vice Chair, Laboratory Medicine
- Topic: What clinicians need to know about testing for COVID-19 at Yale clinical sites (5 minutes)
- Richard A. Martinello, Associate Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases) and of Pediatrics; Medical Director, Infection Prevention, Yale New Haven Hospital and Yale New Haven Health, Quality & Safety
- Topic: Infection control policies related to COVID-19 at Yale New Haven Hospital (5 minutes)
- Andrew Ulrich, Professor of Emergency Medicine; Vice Chair of Operations
- Topic: Identifying and isolating patients suspected of COVID-19 infection in the ED (5 minutes)
- Charles Dela Cruz, Associate Professor of Medicine (Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine) and of Microbial Pathogenesis; Director, Center for Pulmonary Infection Research and Treatment (CPIRT)
- Topic: Managing patients with COVID-19 in the ICU, including use of experimental therapeutics (5 minutes)
- Mark Russi, Professor of Medicine (Occupational Medicine) and of Epidemiology (Environmental Health); Director, Occupational Health Services, Yale New Haven Hospital
- Topic: Protecting caregivers at Yale New Haven Hospital (5 minutes)
We plan to leave 25 minutes for Q&A. We encourage you to submit your questions to a temporary email address of COVID19QandA@gmail.com by Wed. March 25 at 5 p.m. As this is a live webinar, you may also email questions to the same address during the presentation.