The Physician Associate Program
The Physician Associate Program offers a general medicine education and graduates leaders who serve their communities and advance quality healthcare:
- The curriculum emphasizes experiential learning: full anatomy dissection program, simulation lab, standardized patients, and early clinical exposure.
- Students develop a strong foundation in research.
- Clinical experiences are offered within Yale-New Haven Health System and internationally on 4 continents.
- Students engage in interprofessional educational experiences with Yale medical and nursing students.
The Physician Assistant Online Program
The Physician Assistant Online Program focuses on primary care and meeting the healthcare needs of local communities:
- The online learning experience includes lectures that are studio recorded for high quality, weekly live class sessions in a virtual classroom, as well as opportunities to collaborate with peers and connect with instructors.
- The blended learning experience combines online coursework, live online small group sessions, in-person clinical experiences, and on-campus immersions.
- The curriculum focuses on problem-based learning.
- The clinical mentoring experience can take place in the student’s own community.