Research & Publications
Daniel R. Cooperman is a Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in the treatment of children with developmental and congenital abnormalities like cerebral palsy, myelodysplasia, foot problems, and dislocated hips. He also specializes in ambulatory childhood afflications like in-toeing and Perthes Disease. He has extensive experience treating children who have been the victims of trauma.
He was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. He received his undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College and his MD from the University of Chicago Medical School. He did a one year research fellowship at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden on the adult consequences of childhood hip disorders. He also did a one-year fellowship in clinical Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery at the Newington Childrens Hospital in Newington, Connecticut.
He has served as the Director of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Chicago. He has also served as the Director of the Pediatric Neuromuscular Rehabilitation Clinic at the Rainbow Babies and Childrens Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. Most recently, he was the Interim Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery as well as the Director of Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery at the MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio.
His research interests mirror his clinical interests.
Education & Training
- FellowshipNewington Children's Hospital (1982)
- ResidencyUniversity of Chicago Hospitals & Clinics (1980)
- FellowshipKarolinksa Institutet (1979)
- InternshipUniversity of Chicago Hospitals & Clinics (1975)
- MDUniversity of Chicago (1974)
- BADartmouth College (1969)
- Knapik DM, Sanders DO, Gilmore A, Cooperman DR, Liu RW. Quantitative Method for Radiologic Assessment of Skeletal Maturity using the Distal Femur. Annual Meeting of the Pediatric Orthopedic Society of North America. Indianapolis, IN, April 2016 (e-Poster)Indianapolis, United States 2016
- Weinberg DS, Vallier HA, Gaumer G, Cooperman DR, Liu RW. Clavicle Fractures are associated with Shoulder Arthritis in a Large Osteological Collection. Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Orlando, Fl. March 2016 (Podium Presentation)Orlando, United States 2016