Application to the Program
All entering PGY-1 residents are selected through the National Resident Matching Plan via the ERAS electronic application process. All complete applications are considered and the deadline for applications each year is November 1st. Applications are considered in their totality and no specific limits are established for any of the components of the application.
In accordance with the National Resident Matching Plan requirements, a copy of the contract the applicant will be expected to sign if matched to the program and the policies on visa status and eligibility for appointment are available for review (see attached Yale-New Haven Hospital sample contract).
ERAS application through your Medical School Deans office.
- Personal statement should be no longer than one (1) page
- An ERAS formatted CV
- Three (3) or four (4) letters of recommendation, preferably from at least one (1) Orthopaedic Surgeon with whom you have worked OR Three (3) or four (4) Council of Orthopaedic Residency Directors-Standardized Letter of Recommendation Forms
- Dean's letter
- Copy of board scores (if taken)
- Official transcript from medical school
- One of the important missions of the Yale Orthopaedics residency is to create a generation of surgeons who are resilient and unafraid of challenges and who value a diverse and inclusive future for Orthopaedics. In less than two hundred words, tell us how your life has prepared you for that mission.
- Application deadline: November 1, 2023
- Interview dates: TBD
How to Apply
Yale New Haven Hospital Orthopaedic Residency Program is sponsored by the Yale New Haven Hospital and approved by the accredited council for graduate medical education. This web site contains all of our published information of the program. Specifically, questions may be directed to the Program Registrar Kathy Umlauf at firstname.lastname@example.org.