After completing medical school and residency at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Dr. Fan remained for advanced training in laparoscopy and urogynecology. She is subspecialty boarded in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. As the director of the resident gynecologic surgical practice at Columbia University Medical Center, she kindled her passion for surgical and clinical instruction. In this role, she earned medical student and resident teaching awards.
In late 2012, Dr. Fan joined the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at Yale School of Medicine. She has worked towards improving the access to gynecologic care for the underserved through the Women’s Center at the York Street Campus. In June 2013, the Section of Gynecology was created within the OB/GYN department and Dr. Fan was named Director of this group The Section of Gynecology is committed to improving access to care within the Yale Community, and serving as a consult service to the University.
An advocate of evidenced-based medicine, she helped form the Gynecologic Practice Guidelines committee. Moreover, Dr. Fan is committed to creating systems for constant self-assessment and improvement within medicine. She serves as co-chair of the Gynecologic Practice Quality Assurance Committee at Yale. She has also spearheaded a novel process for M&M within the OB/GYN department.
Education & Training
- MDColumbia University Coll of Physicians & Surgeons (2002)
- BAPrinceton University, American History (1996)
- ResidencyColumbia University Medical Center
- Board CertificationAB of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Obstetrics & Gynecology (2009, recertified: 2016)
- Board CertificationAB of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (2013, recertified: 2017)