Our Smilow Cancer Hospital Care Center in Torrington provides access to expert cancer care and treatment to patients in northwestern Connecticut. Our Care Center providers collaborate closely with referring physicians, and with our colleagues in the community for radiation oncology and surgical care.
OUR CLINICAL SERVICES INCLUDE:
• Outstanding teamwork and patient-centered focus on exceptional cancer care, with Oncology Nursing Society certified nursing staff
• Over 1,000 patient visits and 600 IV and oral treatments per month
• 40 staffmembers dedicated to coordinated cancer care
• Clinical trials through Yale Cancer Center, Connecticut’s only National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center • Chemotherapy pharmacy staffed by experienced Clinical Pharmacists with certifications in oncology pharmacy
• Social work, nutrition, complimentary services (Reiki, yoga, massage, hypnosis), palliative care, tobacco cessation, genomic profiling, survivorship planning, healing garden, pharmacy, and support groups all offered on-site