On Thursday, March 26 from 12 - 1 p.m., the Department of Internal Medicine’s Office of Global Health (OGH) is sponsoring an important virtual event for healthcare workers at Yale School of Medicine, Yale School of Public Health, Yale School of Nursing, and Yale New Haven Health, as well as other interested individuals within the Yale community.
Entitled "COVID-19 Update: Caring While Keeping Safe," this virtual teleconference will provide an update to our community on current local strategies to prevent and control COVID-19, and to identify and treat patients with the infection.
Asghar Rastegar, MD, director, Office of Global Health will moderate the panel discussion.
Panelists and topics will include:
- Saad B. Omer, MBBS, MPH, PhD, FIDSA, director, Yale Institute for Global Health; associate dean (Global Health Research), Yale School of Medicine; professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases), Yale School of Medicine; Susan Dwight Bliss Professor of Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases, Yale School of Public Health; adjunct professor, Yale School of Nursing
- Topic: Local trends in the epidemic and mitigation initiatives at the YSM/YSPH (5 minutes)
- Marie-Louise Landry, MD, professor of Laboratory Medicine and of Medicine (Infectious Diseases); director, Clinical Virology Laboratory; director, Medical Studies; vice chair, Laboratory Medicine
- Topic: What clinicians need to know about testing for COVID-19 at Yale clinical sites (5 minutes)
- Richard A. Martinello, MD, associate professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases) and of Pediatrics; medical director, Infection Prevention, Yale New Haven Hospital and Yale New Haven Health, Quality & Safety
- Topic: Infection control policies related to COVID-19 at Yale New Haven Hospital (5 minutes)
- Andrew Ulrich, MD, professor of Emergency Medicine; vice chair of Operations
- Topic: Identifying and isolating patients suspected of COVID-19 infection in the ED (5 minutes)
- Charles Dela Cruz, MD, PhD, associate professor of Medicine (Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine) and of Microbial Pathogenesis; pirector, Center for Pulmonary Infection Research and Treatment (CPIRT)
- Topic: Managing patients with COVID-19 in the ICU, including use of experimental therapeutics (5 minutes)
- Mark Russi, MD, MPH, professor of Medicine (Occupational Medicine) and of Epidemiology (Environmental Health); director, Occupational Health Services, Yale New Haven Hospital
- Topic: Protecting caregivers at Yale New Haven Hospital (5 minutes)
At the conclusion of the virtual panel, there will be a 25-minute question and answer session. Submit questions to COVID19QandA@gmail.com by Wednesday, March 25 at 5 p.m. As this is a live webinar, questions may also be emailed during the presentation.
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/948133204