Save the Date: Connecticut Legislative Forum on DNA Testing and Genomic Medicine
When: January 23, 2020, 9am-4:30pm
Where: Legislative Office Building, Room 2C
Public Health Committee, Co-chairs Sen. Mary D. Abrams and Rep. Jonathan Steinberg
Human Services Committee, Co-chairs Sen. Marilyn Moore, Rep Cathy Abercrombie
Insurance Committee, Co-chairs Sen. Matt Lesser and Rep. Sean Scanlon
Office of Health Strategy, Executive Director Vicki Veltri
Topics to be covered:
- How are genetic tests, genomic medicine and precision medicine changing the landscape of healthcare?
- How can healthcare professionals ensure equal access, treatment, privacy and safety for patients’ health and health data using genomic and precision medicine?
- What are best practices, if any?
- What role does the state have in the ethical, legal, and social implications of testing and genomic and precision medicine?
- Michael F. Murray, MD, professor of genetics and director for clinical operations in the Center for Genomic Health
- Wade Schulz, MD, PhD, assistant professor of laboratory medicine and computational health care researcher at Yale School of Medicine, director of informatics for the Department of Laboratory Medicine, director of the CORE Center for Computational Health, and medical director of data science for Yale New Haven Health.
Panels to include:
- Researchers from Yale, UConn, and the Jackson Laboratory
- Clinicians from UConn/UCH, Hartford Healthcare and others
- Patients and Consumers
- Representatives of genetic testing companies including 23andMe and SEMA4
- Genetic Counselors from My Gene Counsel and others
- Payor organizations including Anthem, CIGNA and DSS
- Health Data Managers from Office of Health Strategy, YNHH and UCONN Health
- Experts on the bioethics of testing
Who should attend?
- Researchers and practitioners who use DNA testing as part of their practice
- Patients and consumers who want more information about DNA testing as it relates to their healthcare
- Students who are interested in the field
- Payor and health data professionals
- Social scientists and other professionals of the biosciences
All are welcome. Free visitor parking on-site.
Polly Painter email@example.com, 203-737-2034