To the Yale community:
You are invited to attend the 7th annual Yale Day of Data on Friday, December 6, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. at the Yale Law School, 127 Wall Street, New Haven.
The 2019 Yale Day of Data centers on the theme of Data Privacy, which emphasizes the challenges of balancing abundant information and openness in research with concerns about privacy and surveillance.
Yale researchers work in international collaboration on questions of global impact to solve problems across the sciences and social sciences, including public policy, public health, social justice, the environment, and beyond.
Morning Keynote: Catherine Stihler, Chief Executive Officer of the Open Knowledge Foundation (OKF).
Afternoon keynote: Asha Rangappa, Director of Admissions and Senior Lecturer at the Yale Jackson Institute for Global Affairs.
Panels and remarks by Yale faculty, administrators, and researchers:
- Elisa Celis, Assistant Professor of Statistics and Data Science
- Samah Fodeh, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Yale School of Medicine
- Stephen Latham, Director, Yale Interdisciplinary Center for Bioethics and Senior Research Scholar, Department of Political Science
- Kenneth Kidd, Professor Emeritus of Genetics, Yale School of Medicine
- Nathaniel Raymond, Lecturer, Yale Jackson Institute for Global Affairs
- Tiffany Li, Yale Law School, involved in the Information Society Project
- Heather K. Gerken, Dean and Sol & Lillian Goldman Professor of Law
- Peter Schiffer, Vice Provost for Research and the Frederick W. Beinecke Professor of Applied Physics and Professor of Physics
The Day of Data is sponsored by the Office of the Provost, the Yale University Library, Lillian Goldman Law Library, Institution for Social and Policy Studies, and the Yale Center for Research Computing.