1450 Chapel St, New Haven, CT 06511
The Saint Raphael Campus is the site of the former Hospital of Saint Raphael, founded by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth in 1907. During its century plus of service to the New Haven community, the hospital grew from its original 12 beds to become a 511- bed hospital. In September 2012, Yale New Haven Hospital acquired the Hospital of Saint Raphael, forming a single, 1,541-bed dual-campus hospital in New Haven.
With regards to the Yale Department of Neurosurgery, our neurosurgeons primarily provide the surgical management of a wide range of spine conditions at the YNHH-St. Raphael’s campus. Other general neurosurgery practices are also performed.