Research & Publications
Fabian Laage Gaupp graduated from medical school at Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, completed a surgical intern year at Cornell Presbyterian Hospital in New York, followed by residency training in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at Yale New Haven Hospital, where he served as Chief Resident of Interventional Radiology in 2020-2021.
Dr. Laage Gaupp is a co-founder of Road2IR. This collaborative effort of Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) in Tanzania, Yale, Emory, and other institutions in North America and Europe has established the first accredited IR training program in sub-Saharan Africa. The project was awarded with an RSNA R&E Foundation Derek Harwood-Nash International Education Scholar Grant in 2020 and MUHAS was selected as the world's second RSNA Global Learning Center (GLC).
Education & Training
- Chief Resident in Interventional RadiologyYale New Haven Hospital (2021)
- Resident in Interventional RadiologyYale New Haven Hospital (2020)
- Surgical InternNew York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center (2016)
- MDLMU Munich, Medicine (2014)
- Road2IRDar es Salaam, Tanzania 2017Training the first Generation of Interventional Radiologists in Tanzania