Research & Publications
Dr. Dhanpat Jain is a Professor of Pathology and Internal Medicine (section of Digestive Diseases). Dr. Jain graduated from Mysore Medical College, Mysore, India and received his M.B.B.S degree in 1986. He subsequently received his M.D. Pathology degree from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India in 1991. He moved to the U.S. in 1995 and completed his Anatomic Pathology residency and Fellowship in Gastrointestinal Pathology at Yale University School of Medicine, and subsequently continued as a faculty there.
Dr. Jain is a nationally and internationally recognized gastrointestinal pathologist known for his diagnostic skills, research and teaching. He has more than 150 publications, many book chapters, books and reviews, all of which are largely in the field of gastrointestinal and liver pathology. He has delivered many lectures and participated in many courses at the national and international level. He is on the editorial board of several high impact journals in the field of gastrointestinal and liver disorders. His area of expertise is motility disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, for which he gets cases in consultation from across the globe. Dr. Jain is an accomplished teacher and has received many awards. He has continuously been nominated for “Best Doctors in America” for many years.
Education & Training
- ResidentYale University School of Medicine (1999)
- ResidentYale University School of Medicine (1998)
- FellowYale University School of Medicine (1996)
- Senior ResidentPost Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (1994)
- ResidentPost Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (1991)
- MDPost Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India, Pathology (1989)
- MDMysore Medical College (1986)
Honors & Recognition
|Averill A. Liebow Award||Department of Pathology||2014|
|Billing Compliance leader of the year||YMG||2005|
|Howard Spiro Award||Section of Digestive Diseases||2003|
|Averill A. Liebow Award||Department of Pathology||2000|